Wednesday, October 10, 2007

and so it begins


for years i've been claiming that i would create a website to showcase my artwork and various musical projects, and well, it just hasn't happened. first of all, i have no web design skills/knowledge what so ever, and on top of that i can't seem to find anyone who's willing to build a site for me... so for the sake of convenience i've created this here blog in order to keep any interested parties informed as to my past, present, and future projects.

i don't have anything in particular to report for this inaugural edition of the blog, so i'll just post an unseen piece of work created some time last year. it was based off the art i created for the reissue of tusk's debut "get ready", and was originally intended for a line of t-shirts that never really launched. the t-shirt line was meant to be an offshoot of hydra head records call "robotic boot", which theoretically would've produced high end custom garments with artwork by folks such as seldon hunt, aaron horkey, stephen o'malley, and myself. however, due to lack of experience on our part and lack of expertise on the part of those who weren't meant to help us in this endeavor, the project never really got off the ground. there was a small run of shirts made using designs from the aforementioned hunt, o'malley, and myself, and some of these made their way to a couple retail outlets.... but most of the shirts weren't made to our specifications and as a result we shitcanned the whole program... though it may one day be resurrected. i do have a few remaining copies of the "skull-stache" shirt i designed which i will auction off on e-bay at some point, which i will announce here when it's ready to roll.

other projects currently in the works:
xasthur layout, cavity layout, new musical project with james plotkin, etc....
more updates soon....

23 comments:

::Andre:: said...

Cool!!! I hope you can update the blog with some regularity, you're such an inspiration...

Keep rocking!!!

::Andre:: said...

Cool!!! I hope you can update the blog with some regularity, you're such an inspiration...

Keep rocking!!!

prla1983 said...

Good idea, Aaron. I'd say the blog format is actually the best format for this kind of publishing so don't be so hard on yourself about the no web design skills thing ;-)

I'll be keeping an eye on this blog. This first post is promising!

Cheers,

Paulo, from Portugal (incidentally, big Isis fan)

Anonymous said...

always been a fan of isis/the isis art that you create for the band's materials, big inspiration for me. can't believe no one wants to build you a site.

i'm a designer based in detroit, longshot but i would kill for a chance to design a site.

anyway, still enjoy the music/work.

Anonymous said...

Good to see this page. I'm looking forward to reading your updates. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Cavity layout? Is HHR re-releaseing something by Cavity?

Anonymous said...

It about time you got online with your artwork. Get in touch if you want help to build a website. You´ll find my contact info on my website; http://claudiomarino.com

Necktie Grins said...

Man. I love that lost bit of ephemera. Can't wait to read more news on here.

Unknown said...

If you're looking for some to do some web design, I could help you out.
You can see my work at pixelspread.com. you can email me matt @ pixelspread.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Aaron!
Greetings from Greece!

I wish you good luck to your blog
and i m looking forward to seeing your work here...

See you soon... I hope!

Clayton Taylor said...

Welcome to the party, pal \m/

Anonymous said...

great to see you posting your artwork. i'll spread word of the blog as much as i can. rock on.

Anonymous said...

Hi Aaron. Sorry to let you down. Looking forward to seeing you guys in LA... JG

Jake said...

Great idea! As said above, you are very inspiring. As a design student, it's guys like you that keep me wanting to create and expand my imagination.

Thanks so much for your work!
Jake

::Andre:: said...

ah ah, the first two posts in this blog came from portugal, a country which mr. turner never played :(

Chris said...

Some sort of expanded variety of garments would do well, I think.

My girlfriend is always saying that there should be band skirts/dresses so she can get shopping done when we go see bands play.

Anonymous said...

you're a dork. people who have followed your career closely over the years know you have an exceptional skill with aesthetic.

other designers perhaps on a different coast you once inhabited have allowed themselves to grow repetitive. we won't name names.

but you've kept things fresh even for your most critical fans, and many of us still have a reason to actually purchase records as result. i'm floored you're struggling to find a venue.

if it's really that big of a problem, pick up the damn phone and at least call your peeps in the bay area. there's a dude with an on-and-off giant red beard; an east bay school teacher who used to run a small label that housed a bane side project. haven't talked to him in a while, but i bet he'll return your calls. just sayin'.

sf and the east bay have venues crying out for what you do. and here you are turning to blogger.com. stop being a dork.

‡erusalem kricke‡ said...

Excellent! I have been a long-time admirer of your art. And, like my fellow design guy above said, your work is inspiring.

cutteR said...

Good job, hombre.

Anonymous said...

Hi Aaron,

I'm a big fan of your work. Glad you've got a blog going, gives me something interesting to look at!

You've inspired me to continue my creative dreams and to keep the fires of ambition alive in my heart, and I thank you for that.

KiNE said...

Nice to "meet" you Aaron! To me your work is inspiring as much as your music...hope to see you soon here in Italy!

KiNE said...

Nice to "meet" you Aaron! I'm italian and for me your work is inspiring as much as your music...hope to see you soon here in Italy!

Anonymous said...

an extremely belated question for you sir regarding your site, intentions for it/your art etc:

i'm regularly on the lookout for curious things to give as gifts and being intrigued by your art i was wondering if you ever intend, or perhaps have, released, say, a run of prints?

there is nothing like gifting something original and fantabulous.